Sunday, June 9, 2013

Found

Lee returned home we talked and talked some more, discussed rules, I have just a few basic ones that everyone should live by. Also one about quitting my very bad habit.
Then being the impatient one I am, I started pushing and testing… He shocked and surprised me. He took my hand and led me upstairs, I wanted to almost lol I didn’t know if I could take him serious. Thought this will be 5 lil swats maybe.  He never faltered even with me saying ok, ok, ok, please stop, I get it, I am sorry, we are new to this, etc. He remained calm and in control. I thought is he ever going to stop OMGosh, it lasted forever and it hurt. He actually made a comment I haven’t forgotten “you have had this coming for 23 years” and I knew it was so.
When he was finally finished he held me and he talked I listened, like I had never listened before.  I never felt so close to him and so surprised he just did this and seemed to have no problem with it at all. Mmmmm … maybe I didn’t know my husband quite as well as I thought I did.
Lee sent me an email
This has been a hard journey for both of us.  Mainly for you.  I admire your strength to bring this into our lives.  It took some patience on your side to let it settle in with me.  I read everything you sent, researched what I could on my cell phone while out of the country even watched some videos. That helped me understand how to spank you properly and get the most out of it.  I thought I would be very nervous on our first experience and to tell you the truth I was not.  
 I am not changing who I am, but am changing how I manage us and our family.  I let you take over many years ago and now I am proud to take over.  I know you are.  I won't let this be a roller coaster ride either. First we do it and then we don’t.  That is not healthy for us.  We need consistency in our marriage. It lacked this for many years and feel this is the problem in most marriages that get to where we were a few months back. 
As I have shared I have been thinking on the rules more.  These are reasonable and easy to live by.  I will write all of them down that we talked about and the others that have come to mind.  I want to make sure you understand and ask question on each one. 
I love you dearly.  I want to grow old with you and experience our grandchildren together.

I believe with all of my heart we have found one another again, I am so excited and nervous at the same time about our new life and journey together.

4 comments:

  1. That first time is rather eye opening isn't it.
    So proud and impressed with the amount of research he did. It's so important to have an understanding of what DD is and how you want it to work for your relationship.
    "I'm changing how I manage us and our family" That is what we all want isn't it? Knowing our wonderful husbands and completely invested.
    Wishing you continued success!!
    ((Hug))
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hats off to both of you for taking this step to save your marriage. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is SUCH a sweet post. It seems like the new beginning and this journey will be wonderful for the two of you. :)

    ReplyDelete